The SCS Spring Meeting is an annual, one-day symposium organized by the Division of Fundamental Research (DFR) of the Swiss Chemical Society (SCS) with lectures of national and international top-experts in the field. The 2017 edition will focus on homogeneous catalysis and will show new paradigms with wonderful applications.
- Prof. John Hartwig (Berkeley, USA)
- Prof. Morris Bullock (Pacific Northwestern, USA)
- Prof. David Milstein (Weizmann, Israel)
- Dr. Rocco Paciello (BASF, Germany)
- Prof. Pedro Perez (Huelva, Spain)
- Prof. Hansjörg Grützmacher (ETHZ)
The SCS Spring Meeting is also the platform for the Werner Price Ceremonies and the Werner Award Lectures. The 2017 winners are
- Prof. Kevin Sivula, EPF Lausanne, who was awarded for his significant contributions to the advancement of materials and methods for photoelectrochemical energy conversion
- Prof. Christof Sparr, University of Basel, in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the asymmetric synthesis of single atropisomers of hindered aromatic compounds using organocatalysis.
During the lunch track the SCS will hold it's annual general assembly.
Looking forward to meet you at the 2017 Spring Meeting!
Prof. Martin Albrecht, University of Bern
David Spichiger, Swiss Chemical Society